Monday, January 21, 2013

Protesting: American vs. European

I was googling images today looking for a photo when I stumbled across an image of Pussy Riot protesting in the church that really caught my eye. I started reading even further and finding more images and was struck not only by how effective they've been, but also by the difference between American protest and Russian.

Clearly this is a generalization, but honestly, we have an airbrushed guy with "NOH8" they have...a guy who sewed his lips shut.

We have women felating vegetables to protest...animal cruelty? They have...women covering themselves to protest speech. 

And religion? We both use it to shock...but guess which is Eastern European use of imagery to protest political repression and which is American for...I don't even know.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go glitter bomb something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home